Last updated 18/3/20
Following the latest government coronavirus advice on social distancing and avoiding public gatherings, BCP Council is taking the sensible precaution to protect the public by reducing some non-essential council services.
Our duty of care to residents remains our main concern, which is why we’re focusing on keeping essential services going.
We also expect that open space may come under some pressure as the public seek fresh air and exercise so the seafront and parks facilities will remain open while it is safe to do so.
- Libraries - all libraries, except Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch main libraries, will be closed from Monday 23 March.
- Adult Skills and Learning - all sites will be closed from Thursday 19 March. Classes will move online where possible.
- Museums - Poole Museum, Scaplen's Court, Russell-Cotes, Highcliffe Castle, Hengistbury Head Visitor centre and Place Mill will be closed from Thursday 19 March.
- Parks, Gardens and Seafront – open spaces including cafes and Upton Country Park tea rooms, will remain open as long as it is safe to do so. Toilet facilities will remain open where possible.
- Lower Gardens, Boscombe Gardens and Smugglers Cove Golf - remain open.
- Paddling Pools/Splashparks – all sites will remain closed until the beginning of June.
- Leisure Centres - Two Riversmeet Leisure Centre and Kings Park Athletics Centre will remain open as long as it is safe to do so.
- Seafront - public toilets are open.
- Beach Lodges - remain open but we will offer refunds and rebooking to customers upon request.
- Tourist Information Centres (TIC) - Bournemouth is open. Poole TIC in Poole Museum will be closed to the public; however members of the team will be monitoring emails and phone calls.
- Pier View Room and Branksome Dene Community Room - are closed.
- Land Trains (Seafront and Hengistbury Head) - will not operate.
- Pier Arcade - will be closed from Thursday 19 March.
- New To You - our Poole-based reclaimed items shop will be closed until further notice.
- Council-led events and roadshows - we have postponed all council-led events and roadshows that were scheduled to take place before 31 May 2020.
Find out more at: bcpcouncil.gov.uk/covid19